Skip to content
- Don’t over-water your lawn. Water every 3-5 days in summer and 10-14 days in winter.
- Use a broom instead of a hose to clean sidewalks.
- Run the dishwasher and washing machine when fully loaded.
- If you have a swimming pool, use a cover and you’ll save loss from evaporation by 90%.
- When hand washing dishes, don’t leave water running; use 2 basins – one for washing and one for rinsing.
- Defrost frozen foods in the refrigerator or microwave instead of using running water.
- Limit your shower time to less than 15 minutes.
- Turn water off while brushing your teeth.
- Fill a jug with tap water and place this in your fridge. This will mean you do not have to leave the cold tap running for the water to run cold before filling your glass.
- Insulate hot water pipes where possible to avoid long delays while waiting for water to run hot.